Thursday, June 2, 2011

Conceptual Editorial / "The Angry Monk"

"Mindfulness"
2011
Digital

"Impatience"
2011
Digital

Here are my two newest digital illustrations, which were done for my Conceptual Editorial class. We had to make an illustration (and subsequent spread) for an article. Some choices were given in class, and I went with one titled "The Angry Monk".

Now, the fun thing about this is as I was sketching my thumbnails I came up with an interesting idea. I had been reading up on i and the golden ratio recently, so my mind was in math-orientation, especially since I had also been reading up on spirituality and enlightenment. Anyway, I thought of this enlightenment fraction quantification: if your enlightenment/mindfulness/awareness (numerator) is equal to your impatience/unawareness (denominator) then you are at 1, meaning you are simply content; if your numerator is greater than your denominator, then your happiness is multiplied as you are at greater than 1; and if your numerator is less than your denominator, your happiness is a fraction of what it could be. It just came out, and is a simple way to describe the effects of enlightenment or mindfulness on your body/life/mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment